Last Updated: September 2, 2009
Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and e-mail address, and other information that does not identify you.
- Information you provide. We may collect, sell, or share any personal information you enter on our web site or provide to us in some other manner, including through e-mail marketing by us, and our partners and affiliates. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, and if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from our partners and affiliates, and other third parties, and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our web site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies", below), and the referring web site address.
- Other Technologies. For the purpose of formatting and delivering future marketing or sales campaigns (either electronic or direct), we may employ pixel tags to track: 1) the pages that our users visit on affiliate and/or partner web sites; and 2) user opens of, and clicks on, our targeted e-mail advertising. We reserve the right to employ user source information, including applicable category and interest(s), for the marketing of targeted e-mail messages on behalf of our clients. This source information may be shared with our third party marketing partners, and we reserve the right to retain pixel data indefinitely.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may also work with other businesses to bring select retail opportunities to our users from us, our partner web sites, or our marketing partners, including affiliated third party advertisers. These e-mail campaigns may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with the e-mail marketing material. Users may remove themselves from a specific mailing list by utilizing the unsubscribe options that are present at the end of each e-mail we send on behalf of the list owner. Unsubscribing from one list will not automatically unsubscribe a user from all lists.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our partners and affiliates, or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our web site and other sites;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our web site, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job Applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our web site when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information may be shared with our partners and affiliates for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal Information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing analysis, and supporting our web site functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our e-mail/postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- E-mail lists. Users may remove themselves from a specific mailing list by utilizing the unsubscribe options that are present at the end of each e-mail we send on behalf of the list owner. Unsubscribing from one list will not automatically unsubscribe a user from all lists.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our web site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. The personal information which you provide to us is an asset of the company and may be included in the assets transferred in the event of a substantial corporate transaction.
- When we deem it necessary or appropriate including, without limitation, sharing your e-mail address with other third-parties for suppression purposes in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended from time to time, the Federal Trade Commission's enabling regulations, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq.).
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We reserve the right to provide aggregate or group data about PublicRecordsNow.com users for lawful purposes. Aggregate or group data is data that describes the demographics, usage, or characteristics of PublicRecordsNow.com participants as a group, without disclosing personally identifiable information. By opening a PublicRecordsNow.com account, you agree to allow PublicRecordsNow.com to provide such aggregate data to third parties. By agreeing to these terms, you hereby consent to the disclosure of any record or communication to any third party when PublicRecordsNow.com, in its sole discretion, determines the disclosure to be appropriate.
The information contained in our reports comes from proprietary sources and third party suppliers, and is beyond our control to edit, modify, or change. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such information.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our web site because such information may be required in order for you to have personalized recommendations presented to you; register as a user; purchase products or services; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our web site.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional e-mails or newsletters from us by unsubscribing. In every marketing e-mail communication we send, there is an unsubscribe hyperlink that allows the recipient to unsubscribe from that specific marketing program by simply clicking the hyperlink provided and following the instructions provided. We attempt to process all such unsubscribe requests in a prompt fashion. However, after unsubscribing, we cannot guarantee that you will never receive another marketing mailing from us, because we may obtain your e-mail address in the future through a different e-mail marketing program that you have opted into. We can guarantee, however, that if you should ever receive another e-mail marketing communication from us, you will be able to remove your e-mail address via the unsubscribe hyperlink. Unsubscribing from one marketing list will not automatically unsubscribe a user from all marketing lists. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements and administrative notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. When users submit information at our web site, their information is protected both online and offline. The privacy of your personal information is very important to us and access to your information is strictly limited, and not accessible to the public. The servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure physical environment. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Currently, we use Secure Socket Layer Software ("SSL") to protect data and to secure any transactions. SSL encrypts information, including credit card numbers, names and addresses as they are transmitted over the Internet. Please be advised that, although we take every reasonable technological precaution available to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure and any transmission of data at or through our web site is at your own risk.
Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's web site at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
To the extent that user credit card-specific information, or alternate user payment method information, is collected by us and/or any of our partners and affiliates, this information will be kept in confidence and will not be shared with any third parties (other than consumer credit agencies) without the user's prior informed consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PublicRecordsNow.com, our partners, affiliates and/or subsidiaries reserve the right to share with third parties the fact that we have credit card information on file for specific users but we will not share the specific credit card information with third parties without the user's prior informed consent.
We value your privacy and, upon request, can block your records from being shown in many, but not all, of our search results. To do so please click the link below:
It is also very helpful to include a print out of the records that you wish to have suppressed.
Please send this letter to:
Po box 110850
Naples. Fl 34108
This information will be kept confidential and is used to ensure complete suppression of your records.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Po box 110850
Naples. Fl 34108
Your California Privacy Rights
Beginning on January 1, 2005, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of PublicRecordsNow.com who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:
California Info Request/PublicRecordsNow.com
Po box 110850
Naples. Fl 34108
©2004-2009 - PublicRecordsNow.com